Monday, November 7, 2011

Free Knitting Pattern Simplicity Eternity Scarf/Cowl

I was looking for an eternity scarf made with one skein of yarn (a bit more than 200 yards) and a very simple one. I saw plenty patterns out there, but couldn't find just what I was looking for: plain, but with a twist... Also I only had 1 skein of yarn I wanted to work with. And so my Simplicity Eternity Scarf was born. I am just a beginner knitter, but I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Gauge: 8 stitches 10 rows equal 2x2 inches
4 mm needles




Cast on 30

RS: knit all
WS: knit 15, purl 15

Repeat until you run out of yarn or until you reach the desired scarf/cowl length. Mine is 42 inches long, just enough to wrap around my neck twice, and yet not too long with only one wrap.

Bind off.
Connect both ends with a needle or a crochet hook.

That's it! I told you it was super easy! I'm ashamed to call it a real pattern :)

I hope you enjoy it!

15 comments:

  1. I like it so much!!!

    greetings Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, a perfect one skein project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what I was looking for!
    Thank you so much; I will try to do it, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comments! One of more experienced knitters suggested that doing provisional cast on will make grafting more neat, so I might add that to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muito bonita, e vistosa! parabéns.
    Um beijinho
    Mifá

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just what I needed for my lonely half skein of sock yarn! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wide did your scarf end up being? I did the gauge but my scarf seems much thinner than your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this knit in the round or flat? I want to make this for my friend and I just need that clarified. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry to say I just don't get this pattern. Can you explain a little bit more. RS? WS?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and I look forward to making me one and one for my granddaughter for I have lots of 1 skeins in my stash.

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. E muito linda e elegante, obrigada pela receita! Abraços!

    ReplyDelete